Monday, August 15, 2011

Life unexpected...

Well its been a looooooonnnnnnnnnng while once again...hopefully I can keep up on it this time.

Well...I've gone back to school for medical. I take my CNA certification test this coming Saturday (fingers crossed i do well) and then i can go to nursing school.

On another note...we're having a BABY! Due December 11, 2011. It is a girl...we're naming her Sydney Grace. We're excited, nervous, scared, happy, all of the emotions you can think of. We found out in April that i was pregnant. I took an at home test the day i was taking my test to get into nursing school only to find out it said POSITIVE! I took 2 just to double check, then i had to drive all the way to nursing school to take the entrance exam. I ended up calling Joe on his work lunch break to tell him "hey guess what?! I'm prego. lol" His response was, "Umm...oh". It's taken him a while but he's used to it especially seeing my ever growing belly and watching me try to find clothes that actually fit lol. He did want a boy but I told him Sydney is going to have him wrapped around her little finger and she'll more than likely be a daddys girl.

I am now 23 weeks (5 months) and i am subscribed to 2 different baby sites that tell me how big Sydney is growing each week: I love getting these =)

BABY CENTER
How your baby's growing:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound (about as much as a large mango), you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

THE BUMP
Your Baby: Month 5
Watch what you say -- baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop

No comments:

Post a Comment