Monday, December 5, 2011

Week 39

WEEK 39!
WATERMELON

TheBump: Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; he'll change color again soon after birth.) He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.

BabyCenter: Your baby's waiting to greet the world! He continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.


How big is baby: all websites say she's about 7lbs and around 20inches
Total weight gain: 50lbs total so far
Maternity clothes? Yup...wishing i could wear my normal clothes
Sleep: Slim to none
Best moment this week: Nursery is just about finished! Only a few details left!
Movement: Oh yeah!
Belly Button in or out? Outtie
Stretch marks? Yup, not on my stomach though. My butt and thighs look like they got clawed by a tiger.
What I miss: My clothes since most of my maternity clothes aren't fitting either.
What I am looking forward to: Holding Sydney in my arms
Labor Signs: I believe she's dropped more.
Milestones: 6 days to go =)

The nursery is just about finished! All we have left is to put new shelves in a closet, stain and put up the trim, and finish a bookshelf. I finished decorating Saturday morning! I think we're ready for her =)



No comments:

Post a Comment